The vnsc5858威尼斯城官网 strives to maintain safe and welcoming facilities for all 学生, 教师, 工作人员, 和游客. Animals on campus pose a special set of challenges for a campus that has residential, 教学, 还有供各种人使用的娱乐场所. The guidelines for bringing animals onto campus have been designed to balance the interests of animal owners with those of other members of our community.
范围 & 观众
这项政策适用于员工, 学生, 游客, 承包商, 以及申请入学或受雇于该大学的申请人.
服务动物- 根据现行的联邦法规, any dog that is individually trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of an individual with a disability including a physical, 感觉, 精神病学, 知识, 或其他精神障碍. 工作或任务的例子包括但不限于以下:
- Assisting individuals who are blind or have low vision with navigation and other tasks
- Alerting individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing to the presence of people or sounds
- Providing physical support and assistance with balance and stability to individuals with mobility disabilities
- Assisting individuals with 精神病学 and neurological disabilities by preventing or interrupting impulsive or destructive behaviors
〇情感支持动物 能给人安全感的动物, companionship or comfort to individuals with 精神病学 or emotional disabilities or conditions. 尽管这些动物可以提供治疗效果, 根据联邦法规，它们不被视为服务性动物.
其他动物- Any animal not otherwise specified as a service animal or emotional support animal.
大学宿舍 包括所有宿舍楼, 联排别墅, 村里的房子租给学生, 员工, 或其他, 还有兄弟会住房.
- All animals must be in compliance with applicable laws concerning animal vaccination and licensing requirements.
- An animal must not be out of control and the handler must take effective action to control the animal. 控制, also means that the animal should not be allowed to bark repeatedly in a manner that disrupts the campus community environment.
- 这动物必须驯养, 以及动物的行为, and presence must not create an unmanageable disturbance or interference with the University community.
- The animal cannot cause physical 损害 the property of the University 或其他 and cannot pose a direct threat to the safety of others.
- The resident is required to clean up after and properly dispose of the animal's waste in a safe and sanitary manner. 住院医生必须确保动物在任何时候都得到很好的照顾. 虐待和虐待的证据可能导致该动物被赶出校园.
- The resident may be charged for any damage caused by the animal beyond reasonable wear and tear to the same extent that the University charges others for damages beyond reasonable wear and tear.
- Animals may not be left overnight in University Housing to be cared for by any individual other than the resident who owns the animal. 居民有责任确保动物被控制住, 适当的, 当住院医师上课或参加其他活动时不在场时.
- The resident agrees to abide by equally applicable residential policies that are unrelated to the resident's disability, such as assuring that the animal does not unduly interfere with routine activities of other residents or cause difficulties for individuals who reside there.
- University 员工 shall not be required to provide care or food for any animal including, 但不限于, 在紧急疏散期间，如火警警报，将动物移走. Emergency responders will determine whether to remove the animal and may not be held responsible for the care, 损害, 或者动物的损失.
- The Office of 公共安全 should be contacted when 其他动物 are found not to be in compliance with this policy.
- 除非下文特别规定, 不符合这些标准的动物, 或者以其他破坏性的方式行事, 将不被允许留在校园.
服务动物允许在大学宿舍和校园建筑. 服务动物必须被驾驭, 栓着, or tethered while in public places unless these devices interfere with the service animal's work or the individual's disability prevents use of these devices. 这样的话, 个人必须使用声音, 信号, 或其他有效的控制动物的方法. 如果不能满足第四和第五项所列的要求, the University will discuss this with the individual before taking any action to remove the animal, unless immediate action is required to protect the health and safety of the individual 或其他.
On the written verification of a licensed mental health professional that the animal provides support that alleviates at least one of the identified symptoms or effects of an existing disability, a resident may keep an emotional support animal in University Housing if approved through the Office of 残疾人服务 and registered with the Office of 居住生活. 宿舍生活办公室会考虑室友的需要, apartment-mates, and residents of a floor when making room assignments with regard to residents with approved emotional support animals.
The animal is allowed in University Housing only as long as it is necessary because of the resident's disability. The resident must notify the Office of 居住生活 in writing if the animal is no longer needed or is no longer in residence.
情感支持动物不允许进入校园建筑. They may not enter classrooms or offices, nor may they be brought to athletic events. Any exception to this policy must be approved in advance by the 残疾人服务 Committee and the Office of the Provost.
其他动物只允许在校外的公共场所活动. 动物必须用皮带拴住, 绳, 链, 或类似的直接物理控制的最大长度六(6)英尺, 另一端一直由人控制. 他们不得带进大学宿舍或校园大楼. 其他动物 may be confined in vehicles parked on campus for a reasonable period of time, as long as the animal is not endangered and does not endanger others or create a public nuisance, e.g. 过度的吠叫. In the event of endangerment to the animal 或其他, the City of Evansville Animal Care & 将与控制中心联系采取适当措施.
The only exception to these policies will be for animals used in teaching or research, and only if the care and use of these animals has been approved by the UE Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) prior to campus arrival.